A medieval parish church, dating mainly from the 14th and 15th centuries, with 19th restoration.
The church has an important set of carved pews, which probably date from the 16th century, with defaced figures representing sins and acts of mercy.
Birkin Haward states "[The two north aisle window}...are are from the same source. In the 'Builder' of August 11 1877, p818 is recorded 'Two memorial stained glass windows have been inserted into the north aisle...the work has been executed by Messrs J & J King of Norwich. The particular painting of the head, the colours, robes and general design appear to be the work of Heaton Butler and Bayne of the late 1860s.