Set in the centre of the village, this church consists of an aisled nave, chancel, south porch, southwest tower, west vestry and north organ chamber. The oldest part is the Norman north door, the rest being largely of about 1300, extended in the later 14th century and remodelled in the 15th century. After being later reduced in size, the church was heavily restored in 1865 and 1906. Inside are important monuments, mainly to the Spelman family.
The east window dates from the 14th century and consists of 3 lights with a complex reticulated motif. The south aisle has 4 3-light 19th century traceried windows in a Perpendicular style. The flat heads appear to retain their original hood- moulds with carved head label stops. The east window has a segmental head also with original hood mould and stops.