Hardman/Pugin were one of the major firms of the 19th century and starting with Pugin set the standards for the rest in Gothic Revival terms. The firms earliest works in Norfolk are at West Tofts (now inaccessible in o Defence Ministry 'Battle Area'). Here the church was restored with important extensions by Pugin in 1849 and provides the only Hardman/Pugin glass in Norfolk or Suffolk. This early 14th century church was altered in the 15th century and largely rebuilt in the mid 19th century by the Pugins. It is one of Britain's finest Gothic Revival churches but cannot be visited.