This church has a Norman north doorway with one order of columns carrying cushion capitals. The tower appears to be Decorated, though the lower courses have 11th or 12th century masonry and the battlements may be later. In the chancel is a priest's doorway, placed in an attractive and unusual way inside a little gabled porch from which rises the chancel's south buttress. Insider there is a Turner mausoleum of brick with Gothick Y-tracery windows dating to 1704. The interior was restored in 1800 to 1801 and most of the features date from that period.
All of the existing stained glass was originally put in the church by the Revd W H Langton in c1806. It includes some very good French and German imported glass