This church has an early 14th century tower with battlements. The chancel and the north door are contemporary, and it seems likely that the scissor-braced roof of the nave dates to the same period. A lovely timber north porch was added sometime after 1506 and features floral carved spandrels. Inside, there is a 14th century octagonal font and a number of superb mid 13th century wallpaintings. It has been stated that these paintings were found in 1966 behind a false east wall, on the original east wall. It is therefore possible that this was a way of hiding them during the Reformation or Civil War. According to documentary sources this is also the site of St Anne's holy well during the medieval period.