The church of Syderstone St Mary is a church that has been considerably larger than it is now. The nave and south aisle date from about 1180, the north aisle was added about 1330, but both aisles were removed during the 18th century.
The chancel was built in the 14th century, and has knapped flints and a stone string course. The tower dates from the 13th century, with its belfry openings with Y tracery indicating it was all part of one building programme. It is now topped with a jaunty little lead spike.
The tower has a west door, which is now the access for the whole church. It has the pointed arch and shafts with stiff leaf capitals, typical of the 13th century. Above it is a stone framed niche, in which is a seated stone lion.
South Nave window 4, post 1940 nativity and boy christ meet the pharisees
A post 1948 window displaying a nativity scene in the upper tracery and a series of angels in the upper main lights. There are also some fragments from the 19th century or earlier containing drawings of different animals.