This large church partly dates to 1300 but the tower of that date collapsed in 1965 and was replaced in 1975.
The remainder of the church fabric is 15th century in date and some of the architecture owes its existence to bequests from this period. Inside, the ceiling is high and the church wide and airy – typical characteristics of a Perpendicular church.
There are some good 15th century stained glass remains in the tracery probably restored when the main lights were filled with quarry tiles and panels of saints in the mid 19th century. .